Multimodal Presentation

With this presentation I was able to use a Power Point presentation to inform my peers on the importance of language in civil engineering. I had to use both written content and images in order to clearly present my argument with all of the supporting evidence. I did not just simply place quotes on the slides of the presentation, but I also tried to incorporate the information using my own words. I also had to verbally present this project so my goal was not to just read off of my slides, but inform the students using my own ideas and words.

Within this project I used both the print and digital technologies in order to address my audience. I used the slides and audio presentation in order to present my topic and the argument I was standing behind. I had to compose texts using summary, interpretation, and argumentation in order to integrate and support my stance in the presentation. After summarizing the articles and texts I was taking that evidence and interpreting that information in order to place the central idea of the evidence on my slides. I found this a more efficient way in order not to clutter my slides with bullet points and quotes and having my peers just read off the slides. That way I was creating a PowerPoint that was appealing to the eye but also making sure the central idea of the project was being delivered.